There are currently no product reviews.
The AKAI 1720 model reel to reel tape recorder described in this Manual is quite an old unit - circa late 1960's. As a consequence, the description of the mechanical details - and adjustments thereof - is quite critical. The manual does this quite well. The schematics are also well presented and have detailed PCB overlays. Probably the only negative is that some half-tone detail has been lost from the original manual as it has been scanned in simple B&W.
Perfect source for service manuals: fast and professional transaction; high quality, perfect readable and largely scaleable PDF; complete schemes, diagrams and spare part list. Tnx a lot, cu again!!!!
I got your link from a friend and I must say that I am really satisfied with your service. Specially this B&O manual I didn't find anywhere on the web... but you could deliver it :-) . You deliver very fast and the copy is of good quality. So your webpage is bookmarked. Thanks
This was the Sony CCU-500A Service manual I was looking for.
The price was reasonable.
The permission to download was quck.
I will use Owner-Manual.com for all my manual needs.
Excellent printing quality.
A complete and very usefull service manual with all details.
GREAT SERVICE AT VERY LOW PRICE!
All the MD blocks are adjusted and checked in the test mode. If âNo Adjustâ is displayed, perform the adjustments of 1 to 3.
1. Temperature Compensation Adjustment
* Normally, do not perform the temperature compensation adjustment. If the adjustment value is extensively different, perform the adjustment as given below in a suitable environment for measuring the correct temperature near the unit. Test point: Check the test point on the display. Tool: Thermometer After the MD test mode starts up, press the STOP button to display âALL SV OFFâ. Press the DISPLAY button to display âTEMP = $**â. Press the PAUSE button to display âT + **C: + 00â. Put the thermometer near the MD mechanism to measure the room temperature. Check the value of the thermometer and press the B.SKIP button and F.SKIP button to adjust until the value is the same as ** on the display. Then press the ENTER button to store the value. After adjustment, press the STOP button to return the display to âALL SV OFFâ. If âNo Adjustâ appears, perform 1) to 3) and press the ENTER button without changing the adjustment value with the B/F.SKIP buttons.
â¢ â¢ 1) 2) 3) 4) 5) 6)
2. Laser Power Adjustment
â¢ â¢ Test point: Check the test point on the display./Pickup laser output Tool: Laser power meter (meters that can measure up to 10 mW)
2-1. Playback Laser Power Adjustment
1) 2) 3) 4) 5) Press the MD EDIT button in the âALL SV OFFâ state to change the display to âLASER READâ. Press the PAUSE button once to display âLASER = $**â. Set it to âLASER = $11â using the B.SKIP and F.SKIP buttons, and press the ENTER button. Measure the pickup laser output using the laser power meter and adjust it using the B.SKIP button and F.SKIP button so that it is around 0.68 mW. After adjustment, press the STOP button to change the display to âALL SV OFFâ.
2-2. Recording Laser Power Adjustment
1) Press the MD EDIT button three times in the âALL SV OFFâ state to change the display to âLASER WRITEâ. 2) Press the PAUSE button once to display âLASER = $**â. 3) Set it to âLASER = $9Fâ using the B.SKIP and F.SKIP buttons, and press the ENTER button. 4) Measure the pickup laser output using the laser power meter and adjust it so that it is around 0.68 mW. 5) After adjustment, press the STOP button to change the display to âALL SV OFFâ. Note: If the laser output exceeds 7.0 mW, the pickup may be damaged.
3. Automatic Sequence Adjustment (EFB/IVR/FOCUS AGC/TRACKING AGC adjustment)
â¢ â¢ Test point: Check the test point on the display. Test disk: MDW-74, TGYS-1 or equivalent
3-1. Adjusting the MO Disk
1) 2) 3) 4) Load the MDW-74. Press the MD MODE button to display âSELECT GRVâ. Press the MD function button to display âAUTO ADJâ. After adjustment, âDONEâ is displayed. (If the adjustment failed, âFAILEDâ appears.) Then, press the STOP button to return the display to âALL SV OFFâ.
3-2. IVR, EFB, Focus/ Tracking/ Sled Gain Check of MO Disk
1) 2) 3) 4) Move the pickup to the center of the disk using the B.SKIP button and F.SKIP button. Press the PLAY button to display âFOCUS ON!â. Press the ENTER button to display âALL SV ONâ. Press the STOP button and press the DISPLAY button twice. Confirm that the values of âIV$**:EF$âââ are within the range shown below. (hexadecimal) IV$ â**â .......... 03 to 07 EF$ ââââ ....... 09 to 12